Editor’s Note: As summer has arrived, I thought it would be fun to re-share this guide for packing for a summer honeymoon!
Welcome back to CB’s Preppy Guide to Honeymoon Packing! If you missed the previous posts on packing for a FALL honeymoon, packing for a WINTER honeymoon or packing for a SPRING honeymoon, just click the links to catch up. Today we’re celebrating SUMMER honeymoons! If you haven’t thought much about your honeymoon, I hope this series will help you decide what’s right for you. Below I’m sharing my personal preppy packing essentials for a summer getaway along with my favorite seasonal destinations. I hope you feel inspired by my suggestions!
CB’s Favorite Destinations for a Summer Honeymoon
- Martha’s Vineyard. I can’t really think of somewhere I’d rather be in the summer. This island is summer to me. Bike to the Edgartown lighthouse, jump off the Jaws bridge, drink iced tea on a porch rocker, go to the sing-a-longs in the Oak Bluffs tabernacle … you’ll be reminded of what summer is all about … or should be about! Read my travel guide to Martha’s Vineyard for more summer goodness.
- Bavaria. I loved visiting the magical region of Bavaria in June. German summers can still whip up a bit of chill so make sure you pack a sweater or two. Enjoy lakeside hikes and picnics while you explore the dark history of the area. Read my travel guide to Bavaria for tips on where to stay and what to do.
- Malta. This charming island is a delight for the senses. You’ll want to stop every few steps while climbing the cobblestone roads to take photo after photo and the small enchanting fishing villages that dot the coast make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world. Read my full travel guide to Malta to see what I’m chatting about.
Preppy Packing Essentials for a SUMMER Honeymoon
- Summery Straw Bag – I love the gold seashell detail on this old Felix Rey bag.
- Baseball hats – summery sun protection yet still adorably chic!
- Sunglasses – a summer must! These aviators fit perfectly under baseball caps.
- Sunscreen – I love the organic line that Badger has!
- Needlepoint Cuff – The perfect summer accessory. This one’s from York Design Co.
- Pearls – a preppy girl’s best friend.
- Polka dot bikini – You can’t go wrong with this classic design!
- Nail polish – for emergency touch-ups!
- Camera. The retro point-and-shoot pictured is for sale (although I’m not sure of its working condition) – details below!
Pieces Featured for Sale
- Classic point and shoot retro camera – $35.00. I’ve collected cameras for years. This classic style from the 1970s is great for adding a bit of “magic” to wedding or engagement (or vaca!) photos. While I’m unsure of the working condition of the camera, it is darling for decor. If you’d like more photos of this camera or have any questions, just send me a note at sarah(at)classicbrideblog.com.
Have a great Summer honeymoon and I’ll see you tomorrow when we wrap up the series with some of my favorite travel destinations and a glimpse from my own honeymoon!
Photography and styling by Sarah Darcy of Classic Bride blog.