Editor’s Note: As we’re well into spring, I thought it would be fun to re-share this guide for packing for a spring honeymoon! This post is sponsored as the business cards from Minted featured in the post were sent to me complimentary by the company in exchange for highlighting them in the blog post. All editorial and opinions are my own.
Welcome back to the Preppy Guide to Honeymoon Packing! If you missed the previous posts on packing for a FALL honeymoon or packing for a WINTER honeymoon, just click the links to catch up. Today we’re celebrating SPRING honeymoons! If you haven’t thought much about your honeymoon, I hope this series will help you decide what’s right for you. Below I’m sharing my personal preppy packing essentials for a spring getaway along with my favorite seasonal destinations.
Favorite Destinations for a Spring Honeymoon
- Tropea, Italy. Spring is a great time to visit this little coastal town on the Calabrian cliffs. It’s right before the big crowds descend for summer and the temps won’t be quite as killer as summer. Soak up the rays, hunt for Italian sea glass and tiles on the beach and enjoy some of the best pizza (hello, Calabrian chili peppers!) and gelato I’ve ever had! Read my personal guide to Tropea for must-dos and must-sees.
- Santorini & Mykonos, Greece. I don’t think I need to say much about these picture-perfect islands. They are bliss, pure and simple. Go, relax, enjoy. Read my personal guide to Santorini and Mykonos for more insight to these islands.
- Cinque Terre, Italy. I’ve visited these five little coastal towns for two springs in a row and I would highly recommend a spring time visit as the weather couldn’t be more inviting and crowds are still fairly low. Hike along the cliff-side trails that connect the towns for a good workout and adventure and then cool off in the magical lagoon of Manarola. Read my travel guides to Cinque Terre for tips on favorite (hidden) restaurants and other gems.
Preppy Packing Essentials for a SPRING Honeymoon
- Floppy hat – because sun protection should always be chic!
- Wicker clutch – nothing ushers in those warmer days better than a preptastic wicker clutch!
- Business cards – because vacation can be a surprisingly amazing time to network. You never know who you’ll meet. The pretties pictured are c/o Minted.
- Journal – to jot down those fun memories!
- Pearls – because they’re always appropriate!
- Tortoise shell headband – keep those wispy hairs at bay and in style.
- Nail polish – because chips happen!
- Camera. I love using a mix of a smartphone and a vintage camera for a good range of images.