Are you planning on having a flower girl in your wedding? If so, you’ll want to show her how much she’s appreciated and a thoughtful gift is a great way to do just that. I love the idea of gifting her a box filled with colorful candy, trinkets and toys. I put together a gift box and a wristlet filled with goodies to show you how easy it is to create a truly beautiful gift.
- A vintage milkglass bud vase. This pretty is actually from my own 2008 wedding!
- A day planner from Paper Source. While this might seem like a bit of a mature gift for a little girl, I know I always *loved* receiving “grown-up” gifts so I think this would be a fun way to make her feel sophisticated!
- Rock candy. Candy is such a great way to inject color and texture into your gift box. Just add a little ribbon to dress it up and you have an inexpensive yet beautiful filler item for your box!
- A toy zebra. Because toy animals are fun for any age and add a bit of whimsy to a gift box.
- A bedazzled antique beetle brooch. I think items like these are great because they can become heirlooms. Little girls love rhinestones and pearls and guess what? I still love that stuff and so do my friends so chances are, she’ll keep something like this for many years and it will become a fond reminder of you and your wedding and all the fun she had being a part of it. 🙂 And I’m actually selling that little beetle so if you’re interested, just send me a note at sarah(at)classicbrideblog.com.
- Lip glasses. Who doesn’t love these, right? They are fun and playful and great for any age!
Want more wedding DIYs? Here are a few favorites from the CB archives:
– Organic cranberry lip balm
– Glittered Skeleton Key necklace
– Cinnamon Bath Salts
– Coconut Milk Conditioner
– Gilded Oyster Shells
– Organic Bath Fizzies
(all of these make great gifts for your bridesmaids or as an inclusion in a welcome box for guests!)
Photography and styling by Sarah Darcy of Classic Bride blog.