If you caught yesterday’s post, I shared a quick tutorial on crafting the perfect gift box for a flower girl. Today, I’m taking the same goodies I used in the flower girl’s gift with the addition of a few more grown-up gifts and vessels to transform them into gifts for your bridesmaids. In the above example, I used a vintage French champagne cooler instead of a gift box because what friend wouldn’t want one of those?! And the best part is I have an awesome stock of French champs buckets available for sale! I collected them while brocanting through the Champagne region of France and would love to see them go to a group of cherished bridesmaids. (E-mail me at sarah(at)classicbrideblog.com if you’re interested.
I also love the idea of getting a little more creative with the gifting vessel and using something hardly anyone would think of using like this antique German Zwiebeln (onion!) holder. These enamel “chicken wire” kitchen holders actually make great catch-alls – I even have one hanging by my entry door to collect miscellaneous stuff. If you’re interested in it, I’m happy to sell – just send me a note at sarah(at)classicbrideblog.com
Another pretty enamel vessel! This one is an antique German Salz (salt!) container. And I have several beautiful enamel salt containers for sale. I love that they’re the perfect size for a gift box and your girls can use them in their kitchens to decorate and store kitchen goodies.
- A vintage milkglass bud vase. This pretty is actually from my own 2008 wedding on the Mississippi coast.
- A day planner from Paper Source.
- A toy zebra. Because toy animals are the best!
- A bedazzled antique beetle brooch. And I’m actually selling this little guy so if you’re interested, just send me a note at sarah(at)classicbrideblog.com.
- Lip glasses. Fun and playful!
- A Kate Spade luggage tag. Even more fitting if you’re planning a destination bachelorette party!
- A needlepoint cuff (Later Gator!) from York Designs Co. (a favorite of mine!)
- A Lilly Pulitzer koozie … because you’re bound to celebrate together, right?
Want more wedding DIYs? Here are a few favorites from the CB archives:
– Organic cranberry lip balm
– Glittered Skeleton Key necklace
– Cinnamon Bath Salts
– Coconut Milk Conditioner
– Gilded Oyster Shells
– Organic Bath Fizzies
(all of these make great gifts for your bridesmaids or as an inclusion in a welcome box for guests!)
Photography and styling by Sarah Darcy of Classic Bride blog.