This was so fun and easy to do – I plucked a pair of old slingbacks from my closet and gussied them up with some wired ribbon. This was probably the easiest DIY I’ve ever done and I’m pretty excited with the results. I think they’ll be fun to wear to holiday events this year!
- Pair of heels – preferably slingbacks or those with an ankle strap (something easy for the ribbon to tie around)
- Wired ribbon – the wire helps to give the ribbon shape
- Shoe inserts (optional – they make it a little easier to shape the ribbon)
- Hot glue gun (optional – in case you want to make your bows a more permanent addition)
STEP 1 | Insert the shoe inserts if you have them.
STEP 2 | Cut your ribbon to two equal pieces in length.
STEP 3 | Tie your ribbon into a simple bow around each strap. I decided to place my bows at the backs of my heels but you could also fasten them to the sides, etc.
STEP 4 | If you know you want your bows to be permanent additions, you could hot glue the bows in place for a more secure attachment. (I didn’t do this)
Voila! You have ribboned heels!
Want more wedding DIYs?
– Organic cranberry lip balm
– Glittered Skeleton Key necklace
– Gilded oyster shells
– Castile soap shampoo
– Cinnamon Bath Salts
– Coconut Milk Conditioner
Photography and styling by Sarah Darcy of Classic Bride blog.