CBB’s Favorite Destinations for a Winter Honeymoon
- Aspen, Chamonix, Swiss Alps. A luxurious ski vacation for a winter honeymoon sounds perfect and that’s exactly what my packing essentials below are based on. I love the idea of mixing adventure and romance – a day on the slopes paired with nights around toasty fires and hot tubs and lots and lots of hot chocolate.
- Alternatively, somewhere warm could also be an inviting escape for a winter honeymoon especially if you live in a cold climate. Italy and Greece would be my top choices.
Preppy Packing Essentials for a FALL Honeymoon
- Tartan scarf – a classic staple that pairs so well with blacks and reds and takes up close to zero space in your bag.
- Sunglasses – always!
- Vintage fur – Winter is the perfect season to bring out the furs because they can completely elevate an ensemble from meh to mahhvelous. Easy to pack (no wrinkles!) and an instant glam-ifier.
- Journal – because there are going to be sweet and silly moments you’re going to want to record.
- Pearls – STAPLE.
- Fancy heels – After a day of hitting the slopes, it’s always fun to put on your party shoes and enjoy a night out. Just make sure you pack a warm pair of spahhhkly tights, too.
- Elmer Fudd-esque hat – Enjoy the fact that this style of hat (and always chic buffalo plaid pattern) is in right now because if you’ve ever worn one, you know just how warm and cozy these hats are. The warm & soft ear flaps feel like heaven in the biting cold. Practical, meet chic.
- Passport cover – if you’re going international, you might as well dress it up.
- Sparkly nail polish – Sparkles are always right but they feel especially right in the winter.
- Sparkly clutch. A girl can never have enough sparkle.
Have a great Winter honeymoon and I’ll see you tomorrow when we plan the perfect SPRING honeymoon together!
Photography and styling by Sarah Darcy of Classic Bride blog.