Our Honeymoon: Seaside, Fla.

honeymoon4

Seaside, Florida

We decided we wanted to make a road trip out of our honeymoon and we chose Seaside, Fla., as our destination. I’ve wanted to visit this little slice of paradise ever since my Dad came across it on a business trip and sent me postcards when I was little. (I still have the postcards – that’s how smitten I was/still am!)

honeymoon1 honeymoon-046 honeymoon5The small sandy streets, picket fences and darling dunes remind me a bit of Martha’s Vineyard, which I can’t help but love. Lucky for me, we were treated to two fairly chilly days. We bundled up in sweaters and enjoyed hot chocolates and warm doughnuts in the town square.

honeymoon-049You may have heard of or seen Seaside a few years back because it was featured in The Truman Show. We found Jim Carrey’s house from the movie and it’s still called ‘The Truman House.’
honeymoon7 honeymoon9I love how the New Urbanism drive has created a mixture of modern and colonial-style architecture yet everything stays cohesive. One of my favorite details around town was the stairway shown above.

honeymoon-003honeymoon8How can you not love a beach town with an inn designed by Vera Bradley? (shown above)

honeymoon6 honeymoon2-013 honeymoon3 honeymoon-039 honeymoon2I couldn’t help but think how charming Seaside would be for a wedding. There is a lovely church and Vespas galore (which I think would be the perfect wedding day transportation).

honeymoon-076Images by Sarah Darcy of Classic Bride blog.

10 Comments

1. November 2, 2008 / 2:40 PM

Oh my goodness, Seaside is by far one of my favorite places in the world. I’m so glad you went there for your honeymoon!

2. November 2, 2008 / 4:07 PM

How “classic bride” of you guys to honeymoon there. I love the VB Inn, it is owned by her or a family friend I think, so it makes sense that it is decorated. I feel like they featured it in her catalog or online or something recently!! Congratulations again, seems like the weather was perfection for you two!!

3. November 2, 2008 / 5:21 PM

Thanks Sarah for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comment! I’m so thrilled that the wedding and honeymoon seem to have gone so beautifully—but of course since I’ve been following your planning for months now, I knew it wouldn’t be anything but perfection!

Can’t wait to see more pics and here all about it 🙂

xoxo
    Anne @ The City Sage

4. November 2, 2008 / 7:56 PM

It looks like you had such a nice time, such a perfect place for a honeymoon! I love the sunset picture 🙂

5. November 3, 2008 / 3:30 PM

What a beautiful place! Looks like a GREAT honeymoon!!!

6. November 4, 2008 / 8:44 PM

Looks like a ton of fun. I grew up in Seaside… Oregon. Not nearly as exciting I’m sure. 🙂

7. Anonymous
    November 6, 2008 / 9:27 PM

Thanks for posting your honeymoon pics! I’ve never hear of Seaside but after seeing your photos, I want to go!!! Hope you have a fantastic time!

8. November 7, 2008 / 1:32 AM

Wow that’s sooo beautiful

9. November 12, 2008 / 8:28 AM

Awesome…I’m so speechless!

10. November 20, 2008 / 6:55 AM

Your pictures are so pretty and totally capture the feeling of the town. My parents actually live in Seagrove a mile down the road. I go as often as possible and was supposed to get married there! We ended up deciding to do it in Nashville though (where he and I both live) b/c I was worried about hurricanes. I have a feeling we’ll have to have a commitment ceremony in another 5 years or so 😉 Just another “wedding” to look forward to planning! haha