Welcome back to Day 2 of CB’s Preppy Guide to Honeymoon Packing! If you missed yesterday’s post on packing for a FALL honeymoon, you can catch up here. Today we’re celebrating WINTER honeymoons which I think sound so romantic! If you haven’t thought much about your honeymoon, allow me to try and convince you in this post just how great a winter honeymoon could be. Below I’m sharing my personal preppy packing essentials for a winter getaway along with my favorite seasonal destinations. I hope you feel inspired by my suggestions!
CB’s Favorite Destinations for a Winter Honeymoon
- Aspen, Chamonix, Swiss Alps. A luxurious ski vacation for a winter honeymoon sounds perfect and that’s exactly what my packing essentials below are based on. I love the idea of mixing adventure and romance – a day on the slopes paired with nights around toasty fires and hot tubs and lots and lots of hot chocolate. Oh, hello bliss.
- Alternatively, somewhere warm could also be an inviting escape for a winter honeymoon especially if you live in a cold climate. Italy and Greece would be my top choices.
Preppy Packing Essentials for a FALL Honeymoon
- Tartan scarf – a classic staple that pairs so well with blacks and reds and takes up close to 0 space in your bag.
- Sunglasses – always!
- Vintage fur – Winter is the perfect season to bring out the furs because they can completely elevate an ensemble from meh to mahhvelous. Easy to pack (no wrinkles!) and an instant glam-ifier. Pack ’em up! PS. Check out yesterday’s post if you’re looking for a chic silvery skinny fur scarf – mine’s for sale!
- Journal – because there are going to be sweet and silly moments you’re going to want to record.
- Pearls – because, duh. STAPLE.
- Fancy heels – After a day of hitting the slopes, it’s always fun to put on your party shoes and enjoy a night out. Just make sure you pack a (warm) pair of spahhhkly tights, too.
- Elmer Fudd-esque hat – Enjoy the fact that this style of hat (and always chic buffalo plaid pattern) is in right now because if you’ve ever worn one, you know just how warm and cozy these hats are! The warm & soft ear flaps feel like heaven in the biting cold. Practical, meet chic.
- Passport cover – if you’re going international, you might as well dress it up!
- Sparkly nail polish – Sparkles are always right but they feel especially right in the winter!
- Sparkly clutch. A girl can never have enough sparkle!
Have a great Winter honeymoon and I’ll see you tomorrow when we plan the perfect SPRING honeymoon together!
All images and styling by moi.